In 1988, Mr. J.C. Chaudhry, a teacher, took a modestly-sized group of 12 students under his wing with a vision that was fairly straightforward: to help them achieve their dreams of becoming doctors and engineers by providing them with the guidance they needed in order to excel in their competitive exams. And thus began the story of AESL.
Over time, with a combination of hard work, consistency, delivering results, and receiving support from well-wishers and mentors, Aakash continued to grow, and eventually spawned three different units to give students customized guidance based on their fields.
The three wings of Aakash are: Aakash Institute, Aakash IIT-JEE and Aakash Foundations.
All the three divisions run under the aegis of Aakash Educational Services Limited (AESL). They work as separate operating units in order to cater to the specific needs of each student.
LEADING MODERN TEACHING
Today, AESL runs 180+ centres across India. It stands tall as one of the forerunners in the coaching industry. Over the past three decades, it has played an integral part in the professional journeys of over 2 lakh doctors and over 36,000 engineers.
Along with competitive exams, AESL also helps to prepare students of classes 8 to 12 to tackle their school and board examinations, and also to help them understand whether medical or engineering are the right options for them in the future.
Qualifying students can also receive scholarships from Aakash to help them enroll in their programs.
Students have trusted AESL, and it has shown them why they made the right choice, guiding them towards securing top ranks in dozens of different prestigious competitive exams across the country over the years.
CUTTING EDGE TEACHING METHODOLOGY
A large number of faculty means that AESL is able to maintain an excellent student to faculty ratio, which enables them to provide an effective response to every student’s difficulties.
The Institute ensures a high quality of teaching by planning every lecture in advance to ensure that it ticks all the boxes and is finished within a stipulated time. The lectures are all delivered by qualified faculty in such a manner that they explain all the concepts clearly to students and generate a healthy classroom discussion. Insightful study material is an important companion to those carefully planned classroom sessions.
Together, all these facilities ensure that every base is covered when it comes to a student’s preparation. Modern infrastructure and facilities such as spacious, air-conditioned classes and a well-stocked library further enhance the students’ learning experience.
Besides its immersive teaching programme, AESL also gives non-Aakashians a chance to prepare themselves by allowing them the opportunity to take the All India Aakash Test Series (AIATS).
Along with its classroom teaching component, AESL also offers the following:
- Comprehensive testing system: Depending on which faculty the student is enrolled in, they can avail of a specially designed test series and mock tests on a periodic basis. The Institute creates an environment for the mock test that mimics that of the real test, in order to help the student, get a sense of what to expect and gain confidence. Every question paper for these tests is prepared keeping in mind the prescribed examination patterns, and model answers are provided after the test.
- Monthly performance reports for each student.
- Doubt clearing hours for students to receive any individualized assistance they may need.
- Occasional motivational sessions to keep students in high spirits.
- Parent-teacher meetings to keep students’ parents in the loop as to their child’s preparation.
Aakash has received a number of accolades for its innovative teaching methods and cutting-edge infrastructure over the years, and continues to remain a trusted choice for aspiring doctors and engineers across India.